Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Health & Wellness Services Division of Student Affairs


Where do I find Health & Wellness Services’ current hours and location?

Our current hours, along with details on how to find us and where to park, can be found on the hours and location page.

How do I make an appointment?

We offer same-day and scheduled appointments. You can make an appointment by calling 509-335-3575 or online through the Patient Portal.

Students can also access a 24-hour telephone nurse service through our main phone line (509-335-3575). Details can be found on our services page.

In emergencies, students should call 911 or go to the emergency room at Pullman Regional Hospital.

How do I cancel an appointment?

Call 509-335-3575 or log on to the Patient Portal to cancel or reschedule an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. You will be charged a $25 fee for all missed appointments. If you are late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.

What if I need continuing care for an existing condition?

If you have an existing condition, we encourage you to schedule an introductory appointment to get to know one of our health care providers. Bring your medical records or have them transferred to our clinic before your visit.

Can I get a doctor’s note for missing class?

Consistent with university policy, our providers do not provide written excuses for students missing class. HWS provides a letter for instructors requiring a doctor’s note to excuse an absence.

Who can use Health & Wellness Services?

Pullman campus

Students enrolled in 7 or more credits are charged the mandatory health fee with tuition. The health fee maintains the availability of basic services to students. Part-time students can elect to pay the health fee to access services. Learn more about eligibility.

Although our pharmacy is available to everyone, health care services are not generally available to spouses or children. Spouses/partners of graduate and professional students can enroll in our PASS Program to obtain access to some services.

Regional campuses

Students enrolled at regional WSU campuses should review their respective campus resources to learn about available health services:

What is the health fee?

What does the health fee cover?

The health fee maintains the availability of basic health services and programs on campus. Every student taking 7 or more credits is automatically charged the health fee with tuition for the fall and spring semesters. The summer health fee is charged for all students enrolled in any of the sessions offered.

Paying the health fee allows students to access the programs and services Health & Wellness Services provides and covers some services in full, including visits to Counseling and Psychological Services and health programs.

The health fee does not cover all services available at the medical clinic and is not an insurance plan. Details on insurance and costs can be found on the billing page.

How much is the health fee?

You can view the current health fee on the WSU Budget Office website.

Can the health fee be refunded if I don’t access services at HWS?

The health fee is generally nonrefundable. However, students who are enrolled but not physically located at WSU Pullman may submit a Health Fee Petition Form to be considered for a refund.

Upon withdrawal or cancellation of enrollment from the University, a refund of the health fee may be denied if the student has utilized health services prior to withdrawal/cancellation of enrollment.

If a student completes a full cancellation of enrollment from classes and has not accessed services at either Health & Wellness Services or Counseling & Psychological Services within the first 10 days of class (or five days for the summer session), they will receive a full refund of their health fee. Cancellations after this time period will not be eligible for health fee refund.

Who can access students’ medical records?

Federal and state regulations prohibit us from discussing health information with anyone other than the patient without written permission. Parents cannot access a student’s medical records without consent from the student.

To maintain privacy, all charges except the health fee will appear on student accounts as “Student Health Center” charges. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

To access your records or transfer them to or from another health care provider, submit a Consent to Send or Receive Health Information Form.

How is Health & Wellness Services governed?

HWS is led by an executive director appointed by and responsible to the vice president of Student Affairs. The executive director is advised on general issues by the Advisory Committee (CSHAC) and on day-to-day matters by the HWS administrative team.

How are the clinic providers licensed and credentialed?

All Health & Wellness Services health care providers are licensed in Washington State, participate in the HWS peer review process, and are re-credentialed annually at HWS. The credentialing process includes reviewing for any licensure and/or Medicare/Medicaid sanctions, reports to the National Practitioners Databank as well as requesting and receiving approval for certain privileges. There are a wide range of privileges at HWS including surgical and traumatic, orthopedics, gynecology, otolaryngology, urology, and psychiatry.

How do I give feedback?

We collect patient feedback on an ongoing basis to help improve our services and ensure our patients receive the best care possible. We offer our patients several options for giving feedback.